Create your own conference by attending one, a few or all six presentations, workshops and panels that have been carefully chosen and thoughtfully packaged to create “Arts and Science Connections: A Deconstructed Conference about Career Possibilities”
Date: 4 & 7 October 2021
Time: All Day
Location: Online Webinar
Price: Free for alumni
Broaden your perspective and learn how to find your way and build your unique career path with a compass and a direction. No need for a map. Graduates of all degree programs welcome!
- Listen to young alumni share their stories about building interdisciplinary careers
- Learn to leverage LinkedIn to discover opportunities you did not know existed
- Leverage Career Wayfinding and Strength Spot to have your best career
- What are your micro-credentials anyway? How do I know they are employer-approved?
- Understanding what your further education options are and how to harness them
- 10:30 am | You at Your Best - A Narrative-based Approach to Strength Finding presented by Lauren Malach
- 1:00 pm | The Science & Art of LinkedIn presented by Jennifer Catallo, Account Director, LinkedIn Talent Solutions, CDN
- 3:30 pm | Gryphons in the Workforce Alumni Panel featuring: Shane Vasquez, B.Sc. '17, Food Safety Manager, Ryan Antooa, B.Sc. '13, Social Media Manager, Dallas Baker, B.A. '16, Consultant & Rukhsar Jaffer, B.A. '17, Virtual Care Coordinator
- 10:30 am | Further Education Expert Panel: Career and Continuous Learner featuring Brittany Etmansky, Research Coordinator & Instructional Designer, UW, Jonathan Malloy, Associate Dean, Faculty of Public Affairs, Carleton University, OntarioColleges.ca, Daniel Poulin, Experiential Learning, U of G & Amy McLellan, Coursera
- 12:00 pm | Building a Connected Micro-Credential Ecosystem presented by Emma Gooch, Program Lead, Micro-certification at eCampusOntario
- 5:30 pm | Keynote: The Three Career Stories Everyone Needs (and how to tell them) presented by Kerry Twigg
Before you can register for these sessions you will need access to Experience Guelph. Request an EG account. Your account will take approximately 24-hours to approve.
For more information please email our U of G Alumni Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.