Back by popular demand! Join U of G students this fall to study pandemics from scientific, cultural, historical and societal perspectives.
Date: 15 September - 1 December, 2021 (weekly on Wednesdays)
Time: 7 pm - 8:50 pm EST
Location: Remote learning online
Price: Free for alumni!
Pandemics: Culture, Science, and Society (UNIV*2020) has been created to foster knowledge of the current global COVID-19 pandemic as well as past pandemics that had far-reaching impacts on communities around the world. Its multidisciplinary and collaborative approach will blend expertise from all U of G colleges.
Taught by a number of faculty members, the course will explore infectious disease and pandemics through a range of lenses. Registered alumni will join U of G students in a weekly interdisciplinary webinar panel of faculty discussing a topic associated with pandemics and COVID-19. Please see the readings and lecture recordings for each week below:
- Must be an alumnus to register
- Registration will be for the entire 12-week series
- Participating alumni are not eligible for course credit
- A weekly link will be shared with registered alumni from U of G Alumni
- Participating alumni are not eligible to participate in the weekly student seminar portions of the course, however, a special alumni seminar will be scheduled
PLEASE NOTE: This event is sold out. If you wish to be placed on a waitlist, please contact Jana Miller, Associate Director, Alumni Advancement at email@example.com