Date: 16 September 2023
Time: 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
This event promises to provide attendees a day filled with professional development opportunities to learn, gain confidence, and acquire new skills to RISE through their engineering careers.
Tickets are $20 per person and include a full day of learning (lunch is included).
Itinerary for the day is as follows:
8:30 am – Registration, Coffee break (Adams Atrium, Thornbrough Building)
9 am – Welcome and Keynote Speaker, Iretomiwa Olukiyesi, P.Eng., FEC., Co-Founder and President of Black Engineers Canada: "Breaking Barriers in Engineering: Navigating Challenges to Achieve Empowerment" (Adams Atrium, Thornbrough Building)
10:15 am – Breakout Sessions: (Thornbrough Building)
- Building Your Brand on LinkedIn - Nana Obeng, Founder and CEO, HIGHPOINT Consulting, Co-Founder of REDY Inc.
- Crucial Conversations - Confidently Have Your Voice Heard - Dilek Dag, Vice President, Operations, Sheridan Nurseries
- Career Path & Compensation - The Art of Negotiation - Aimée Smith, Technical Director, Principal, RWDI
11:15 am - Breakout Sessions: (Thornbrough Building)
- How to Navigate the Employment Search, Networking - Amoy Marshall Green, Career Advisor, University of Guelph
- How to Respond to Microaggressions - Bonnie Douglas, Project Manager, CCWESTT
- Securing Your First Promotion - Jane Urbanic, Director of Applications Engineering & Sophie Pease, Director of Process Engineering & Pilots, Veolia Water Technologies and Solutions
12 pm – Networking Lunch (Peter Clark Hall, University Centre)
1:15 pm - Panel Discussion and Q+A: Making Your Degree Work for You (Peter Clark Hall, University Centre)
2:15 pm – Closing Remarks (Peter Clark Hall, University Centre)
Featured panelists and session facilitators are leaders from manufacturing, high-tech, consulting, research and development that will tell their stories and give advice on being successful in engineering and technology workplaces.
For more information, please contact Chandler Gray, Alumni Advancement Manager, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you receive all of our event updates by updating your Communication Preferences today.
Registration closes Friday, September 15 at 12 pm, or when event sells out.